Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Beth's No-Bake Cookies



2 cups sugar
1/2 cup cocoa
2/3 evaporated milk (whole, 1 or 2% work)
1/4-1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup butter
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp salt
3 cups oats
1/2 cups nuts


Mix everything but oats and bring to a low boil stirring constantly. Add oats in and boil on low about 3 min.

** I used half quick oats and half regular to vary the texture and I probably ended up adding an extra cup because it seemed really thin. I used crunchy PB and didn't add the nuts.  This was my second time EVER making these and they turned out yummy :) **


(I had the thought after I made these that if you omitted the PB and nuts, and used raspberries and crunched pretzels it might be yummy...or maybe orange extract...hmmm? hmmm?)

1 comment:

  1. So when you said you didn't blog, you just had never thought about food blogging! I think you found your niche!

    ReplyDelete