Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Piroges

There are two variations of piroges I'm really loving these days. Sausage or Egg. They are pretty fast, but require all of your attention once you start!
But first things first.

Piroges (I buy them at walmart, one bag feeds the four of us for two meals)
2 Onions (more or less is up to you)
4 Peppers (I usually buy mostly green because they are cheaper and taste the same to me)
 Vegetable oil

I start the onions first, doing round slices and putting them in a pan with a few tablespoons of oil. Then I add the peppers, cut in strips.
Add a little water and put the lid on. Toss occasionally.

Then boil the piroges. When they float pull them out and put them in a pan with hot oil. Sear until golden brown.

Here is the variation. If I'm doing sausage I add one lb of sausage (cheap sausage tastes just fab) and throw it in with the veggies. If we really want a treat I'll sear the piroges in the sausage fat. You may die doing this but it will taste amazing.

The second variation is fried eggs. I fry them  in the piroge pan, cook the whites all the way, but runny yellow centers. Its delicious to dip your piroge in. And cheaper protein. YUM!




No comments:

Post a Comment